Re: [beacon] no limits, no retry, no batching, post only

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com> wrote:
> That said, before we go too far down this path, I think we should first
> clarify whether there is agreement on dropping size and number of requests
> restrictions. I share Jonas's concern over large uploads interfering
> with/after page onunload.. That said, if someone wants/needs to do that,
> they'll probably still do it, except they'll invoke a sync XHR (or similar
> hack) and block onunload, just as they do today...

I would prefer to keep the size limits. However I could live with
removing them as long as there's a way to get information about if a
request failed due to size limits. Otherwise I'm worried that
developers will be reluctant to pick up the API if it poses too big
data-loss risks for them.

/ Jonas