Re: [PerformanceTimeline] API/WebIDL related feedback

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 8/22/13 4:55 PM, James Simonsen wrote:
>
>> Good point, but it's probably too late to change it.
>>

> Why, if I might ask?  I doubt the web depends on these APIs at this point,
> so if they're not needed, I think we shouldn't add them...

I think IE and Chrome have already shipped them. We may be able to remove
them from the spec, but that won't necessarily remove them from the web.

Nic does make a good point that as we add new things, it'll be more
efficient to do the filtering in the browser rather than JS too though.

James