Re: [RequestAnimationFrame] ally: Separate capture & display cycles

Hello,

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:27:23 -0400
Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> as I understand it, it wouldn't make any sense for the user agent to
> invoke RAF more than 60 times per second if the display is only
> capable of 60Hz. You might have a nice camera to capture your images
> but that won't give you automatically a nice display to watch them...

That's completely the key point: RAF provides a simple way to get the
best of the display you have (and prevents you from oversampling, which
is pretty cool BTW ;) ).

The most important feature we should ask to RAF implementers is
stability, in order to miss no frames when presenting something at 60
Hz (or whatever the native frame rate it is).

Best,

--
  Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga
  Universidad de Deusto