Re: [HighResolutionTime] Test Cases

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have finished reviewing the High Resolution Time test cases:
>
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Google/HighResolutionTime/test_cross_frame_start.html
>
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/W3C/HighResolutionTime/monotonic-clock.html
>
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/W3C/HighResolutionTime/basic.html
>

> The first two tests, test_cross_frame_start.html and monotonic-clock.html,
> look good as is. I recommend we move these tests to the approved folder.

I'll move test_cross_frame_start.html today. Philippe, please feel
free to move monotonic-clock.html (and basic.html after the tweak
below).

> For the last test, basic.html, I recommend a minor tweak. For the first test
> in this test case, we should change the typeof assert to be for “object”
> instead of the assert_equals(window.performance.toString(), "[object
> Performance]"); .  The rest of the tests in this test case look good. (I see
> that the third test had been changed from an
> assert_equals(window.performance.now.toString().indexOf("function"), 0, …);
> to  assert_equals(typeof window.performance.now, "function", …), which is
> the correct test).

Agree with the tweak.

> All of the test cases are passing in IE10 and Firefox 15. There are some
> failures in Chrome 22, however, that might be attributed to the prefixed
> now() function. I’ll let Tony comment.

Yep, the failures in monotonic-clock and basic are due to the prefix,
which we are planning to remove. The failures in
test_cross_frame_start require us switching to use the current
document's navigationStart instead of the root document's.

-Tony