From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Meenan
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 6:50 AM
To: public-web-perf
Subject: Resource Timing "startTime"

"The startTime attribute must return the time immediately before the user agent starts to queue the resource for fetching"

I think it would help clarify the spec if the queue was defined a little clearer.  In the case where there is a long queue of resources to be fetched from a given fqdn (say, 100 images and 6 parallel connections per fqdn), is this the point at which it enters the backlog queue or is this the point at which it exits the backlog and gets scheduled on an actual socket?

If it is the point at which it enters the backlog queue can we add a block at the front of the diagram that includes the "blocked" time?  If it is the time when it gets scheduled on a connection can we indicate that it will always equal either the redirectStart or fetchStart time?

Thanks,

-Pat