Re: [agenda] Web Performance WG Teleconference #73 Agenda 2012-05-16

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:02:39 +0200, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> My understanding from the Group is that the intent is to get both
> specifications supported in user agents. The spec is stable. We already
> have 3 browsers that supports Navigation Timing so we could recommend
> its use. Navigation Timing 2 isn't finished and won't get to REC anytime
> soon. Once we get that one to REC, it's reasonable to deprecated
> Navigation Timing but we're not at that point yet. So, it seems to make
> sense to me that we get Navigation Timing to REC and not throw the work
> (and the patent commitments) after 2 years.

I am not sure I see point of trying to get more browsers to support an
already old specification, instead of the newer version, similar for the
other points you make.

Even less so, I don't think we should be spending more time on this issue,
if the rest of the group feel we should take Navigation Timing 1 to
recommendation, then let's do that, move on, and focus on the next issue.

BTW, I still haven't seen an announcement to the list that the group has
decided to start work on a new specification (Navigation Timing 2), I
think such an email would be in order every time we do so, and better late
than never.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Core Quality Services