RE: Proposal for JavaScript Timing Extension to the Performance Timeline

I do not see a relationship between these two. This is about getting actual JavaScript timings via the Performance Timeline while the other one reports back the current time in the browser.

// Alois

From: Nat Duca [mailto:nduca@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:02 AM
To: Alois Reitbauer
Cc: Boris Zbarsky; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for JavaScript Timing Extension to the Performance Timeline

How does this relate to window.performance.now() that was discussed previously?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Alois Reitbauer <alois.reitbauer@dynatrace.com<mailto:alois.reitbauer@dynatrace.com>> wrote:
The idea is to get the first executing function. This should be enough information for monitoring. If even this information cannot be provided at least a performance Entry object with an empty name should be created.

// Alois