Re: [minutes] 2012-04-25 Web Performance WG Teleconference #70

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:21:02 +0200, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> c.        Navigation Timing 2
>
> The working group decided to take Section 4.4 of Performance Timeline
> out of the Performance Timeline spec and into a Navigation Timing 2
> speak. Further, the additions that Jatinder suggested to include
> PerformanceNavigationTiming will be added to Navigation Timing 2.
> Jatinder has ACTION 102: Move the data from Section 4.4 in
> PerformanceTimeline and add the PerformanceNavigationTiming entry into
> Navigation Timing 2 spec.

This leaves me with a few questions. What is/was section 4.4 of the
Performance Timeline? What are the additions that Jatinder suggested? What
is the rationale behind this move? It seems we have enough micro-specs
already, we don't need any more, and I am not sure I see how this improves
the specs.

> b.       Performance Timeline to CR
>
> As there has not been any feedback or open issues on the remaining
> Performance Timeline sections for quite some time now, the working group
> would like to move this spec to CR. Philippe will review the mailing
> list and ensure nothing is missed.

Are we certain that the recent change to the spec (see above) is for the
best? There should at least be a fair chance to discuss the change before
moving to CR.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Core Quality Services