Re: TPAC 2011 Web Performance WG 2011-11-01

On 4/23/12 12:11 PM, Sreeram Ramachandran wrote:
> 4. Okay, maybe the "window" object is live-updating.

Yes, it is.

> How about if I "store" the document object after step 1 (and before step 2) and then
> try to use it after step 2? Nope. "checkdoc" shows me C too.

That's because your "checkdoc" function is broken.  It's using
childdoc.location, which is defined to forward to the document's window,
which does of course have a different location now.  Try using
childdoc.documentElement.textContent or
childdoc.documentElement.innerHTML to examine the contents of the
document or childdoc.documentURI to get the actual URI of the document.

-Boris