RE: [PerformanceTimeline] Returning Navigation Timing attributes in High Resolution Time

The best place for this change would be Section 4.4 of Performance Timeline.

From: Arvind Jain [mailto:arvind@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:41 AM
To: James Simonsen
Cc: public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: [PerformanceTimeline] Returning Navigation Timing attributes in High Resolution Time

Sounds good. Which spec will we put the new interface in?

Arvind
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM, James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org<mailto:simonjam@chromium.org>> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com<mailto:arvind@google.com>> wrote:
I'm not clear on the final recommendation here. Are we saying that we will add all navigation timing attributes (which as part of PerformanceTiming interface) to PerformanceEntry interface (which would mean removing some attributes from PerformanceResourceTiming interface)?

Or would we create another object called PerformanceNavigationTiming (similar to PerformanceResourceTiming) which extends from PerformanceEntry?

The latter. We'll create a new type with the extra members.

James