Re: [PageVisibility] What should the visibility api return in display:none iframes?

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Arvind Jain <arvind@google.com> wrote:
> Since the display: attribute is in control of the page, it doesn't feel like
> we need to have another API to tell whether the iframe is visible or not.
> Tying visibility to top level context makes sense here.

That means that if a page wants to only do certain actions when
displayed, it has to first check it's .hidden state, then walk up the
element.ownerDocument.defaultView.frameElement chain and at each
element use CSSOM to check if the iframe is hidden (which off the top
of my head I don't remember the API for).

This seems severely more complex than simply checking .hidden. Does
anyone know of any webpages that we can check to see if they do this?

What is the benefit of this approach?

/ Jonas