RE: [User Timing] Spec updates

An empty array {} seems appropriate if the key hasn't been used.  We can update the spec.

I'm indifferent about using navigationStart vs. fetchStart as the starting point of an unspecified measure().  fetchStart is useful as it's the first stable point of the current page, from which the marks/measures are being fired from.  On the other hand, navigationStart is always available, and is the anchor point of the whole navigation, but may be affected by redirect times.

- Nic

From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Zhiheng Wang
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:17 PM
To: Jatinder Mann
Cc: public-web-perf
Subject: Re: [User Timing] Spec updates

  It looks great! Two minor comments:

 - What should getMarks() and getMeasures() return if the specified key is not available? undefined value or {}? I think it is {} but we probably want to be more specific.
 - Shall we point the default starting point of measure() to navigationStart give that we have it always available now?

thanks,
Zhiheng