Re: [NavigationTiming] Redirect test cases

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 18:43 +0000, Nic Jansma wrote:
> The tests need to be started from w3c-test.org for the cross-origin
> navigation case, as it redirects initially to www.w3c-test.org.  Is
> there a good way to enforce this requirement?

The test page on w3c-test.org points everyone back to
http://w3c-test.org/ and that's the page which is linked from the spec,
so it limits individuals going to the alternative servers.

An additional solution could be to check the location of the document
using script and report a failure if it's not the right server. We could
have a dedicated assertion in testharness.js just for that case,
something like
 assert_testserver();
That would test if the file is ran from http://w3c-test.org/. Third
parties wishing to deploy the tests outside the W3C server would only
have one place to modify like that. I even wonder if we can abstract
which alternate server it's redirecting to...

Philippe