Re: [NavigationTiming] few comments

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Tony Gentilcore <tonyg@google.com> wrote:
>> How do current implementations handle cached DOM + back-forward?
>
> WebKit has a bfcache called PageCache, but it is disabled in Chrome.
> Since it is moot there, I haven't payed attention to the details here.
> Nic or Jatinder can probably comment on what IE does here. If they
> don't use it either, mozilla is probably the first implementation with
> a bfcache and you might suggest reasonable behavior to Zhiheng.

We should definitely simply leave the values untouched when going
back/forward to a DOM-cached page. Generally speaking the page should
act as if you never left it. The only difference is that we send it
events telling it it's going into and out from the cache, as to give
it a chance to halt things like animations and status updates.

/ Jonas