Re: Recent testharness.js updates causing issues with webperf tests

[corrected James email address]

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 02:08 +0000, Nic Jansma wrote:
> fyi:

> There appears to be a different version of testharness.js on
> test.w3.org vs. w3c-test.org.  The test.w3.org version seems to be
> updated to the latest Mercurial version, while w3c-test.org is using a
> version from 25-Jan-2011.
>
> http://test.w3.org/resources/testharness.js
>
> http://w3c-test.org/resources/testharness.js

We found the problem on our end.

http://w3c-test.org/resources/testharness.js is the one to use and will
always represent the tip.

> However, the /webperf/ folder on both sites appears to be current to
> our latest Mercurial changes.

The hooks for the html repository are different from the ones
in /webperf.

> It appears that a recent update to testharness.js (and thus published
> on test.w3.org) may be causing some issues with some of our tests.  It
> looks like asserts() that happen after the load handler for the page
> are not getting registered in the summary of Pass/Fail results.
>

> For example, test.w3.org with the new changes shows "Found 0 tests" in
> IE and Chrome while the older version on w3c-test.org works properly
> and shows all of the Pass/Fail results:
>
> http://test.w3.org/webperf/tests/approved/test_navigate_within_document.htm
>
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/approved/test_navigate_within_document.htm

I'm looking at this one now with James,