Re: [PageVisibility] Feedback

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:38:01 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 09:20 -0700, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 04:16:46 -0700, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> > Yes, and we're going to ask for an exception for that one. We only
> > reference HTML5 for its top level browsing context definition.
>
> So you are fine with indirectly depending on DOM Core via HTML but not
> directly? (I.e. thereby actually increasing the number of specifications
> (both DOM Level 3 Core and DOM Core) you depend upon.) Reference games are
> getting sillier every day.

I don't know what games is getting sillier every day but we're trying to
ship a specification. As I said, we'll be more than happy to update the
specification once DOMCore is more along the track. HTML5 can afford to
link to it since they don't plan to stabilize anytime soon, but that's
not our case.

Philippe