From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of James Simonsen
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:35 PM
To: public-web-perf
Subject: [Resource Timing] Monotonic Clock

I was reading through the Resource Timing spec again looking at the monotonic clock requirements. I had a couple of comments on it.

First, it says that "timing attributes are not skewed by adjustments to the system clock during the navigation." We might not be navigating when resources load, but they should still use a monotonic clock referenced from the initial page load so that we can construct an accurate timeline.

Also, what do we do about resources that load from iframes? Are they referenced from the iframe's navigation or from the root navigation? The latter seems most useful from my perspective, but maybe there are other concerns there.

James