From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Anderson Quach
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:52 PM
To: Zhiheng Wang; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: RE: [NavigationTiming] Updates

Thanks for the updates to the Navigation Timing working draft [1].

There are a couple of attributes that would add value to describing the navigation. We would like to get your feedback on the requestCount and uniqueDomains that was introduced in IE9's PPB3 [2].

Specifically, a count of the number of requests made by the root document and from the number of unique domains. These attributes can be provided under the window.performance.navigation object.

window.msPerformance.navigation.requestCount  -- the number of requests as specified by the root document.

window.msPerformance.navigation.uniqueDomains - the number of unique domain name requests made by the root document.

Best Regards,
Anderson

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebTiming/
[2] http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/msPerformance/Default.html