Re: New web of things server projects

On Jun 25, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:

> For CoAP I would like to take advantage of the pub-sub mechanism that the IETF is working on, as a basis for the thing server to send notifications to other servers with proxies for the things that the CoAP server hosts.  I am chatting with some MQTT experts to ensure that we hit the ground running with the MQTT bindings.   A further challenge is the choice of binary encodings for messages.  Carsten Bormann of CoAP fame advocates CBOR, but other people are keen on EXI, which can offer superior compression based upon the data model.

Hi Dave,

I’m also the draft editor for CoAP PubSub, and am working on updating the document this week.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-koster-core-coap-pubsub/

Sorry for the slight off-topic but I would appreciate feedback from this group on this draft if anyone would care to review it. Please email me with comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

Michael J. Koster