Re: Semantics in the Web of Things

On 21/02/2014 03:21, R.Vinob chander wrote:
> how about using SSN ontology?

We are focusing on the ssn:ObservationValue concept and the
ssn:FeatureOfInterest.
As described here: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/ssnx/ssn
"SSN does not describe domain concepts, time, locations, etc. these are
intended to be included from other ontologies via OWL imports."

Other ontologies are those that we referenced in our web page, there is
a need to standardize domain ontologies in smart homes, healthcare,
affective science, transport, food, agriculture, tourism, etc.

Domain experts redefine always the same concepts: humidity, temperature,
light and the related rules, if nobody in the room switch off the light.
Domain experts are not aware of semantic web best practices. We sent
more 170 emails to ontology-based projects to encourage them to publish
online their ontologies and rules and indicate that the semantic web
best practices should be complied with.

Further, domain concepts can be reused in another context.
For example, in the weather ontology you can find the fog concept, and
in transport ontologies, you have rules saying:
if it is foggy then switch on the fog lamp.

There is a need to combine cross-domain ontologies in an uniform way for
domain knowledge sharing and reuse.

--
Amelie Gyrard
Ph.D. Student
EURECOM - Mobile Communications Dept.
Add:   450 route des Chappes, Campus Sophia Tech, 06410 Biot
Email: Amelie.Gyrard@eurecom.fr
Web:   http://www.eurecom.fr/en/people/gyrard-amelie
Project (Semantic Web of Things): http://www.sensormeasurement.appspot.com/
Tel:   +33 4 93 00 81 92