RE: Welcome to Web NFC Community Group

Thanks Anssi,

Happy to have joined the group and look forward to contributing in any way that I can.  Thanks for accepting me.

A small bit about me.  I'm an Irishman living in Australia.  I've been working in the IT department for close to 6 years now, having graduated from University and emigrating in 2012.

My main area of expertise is ERP and asset management, having worked in both areas predominantly during my 6 years in the industry.

I have led projects that worked extensively with RFID, creating native applications that leveraged the internal NFC chipsets of mobile devices and, usb and Bluetooth connected RFID scanners.  Primarily these were asset management applications.

My interest in the group is that I have just started another asset management project and I was researching the net to see what technologies were available for reading RFID via web browsers.  Since there are other similar projects that have been developed for accessing geolocation from devices, etc. I considered whether or not there was an NFC / RFID equivalent.

Here it is.

I like the use case in the groups documentation of library systems / tourise information where tourists can access information by scanning an RFID via a web browser.

I think it is a very valid application of the technology.  Personally, my own project only needs to read the RFID serial and then uses that information as an access point to a dataset in a database.

Anyway, I said I would keep it short and I am already rambling.  Looking forward to getting involved in any way I can.

Regards,

Steven Branigan
Ph:  +61 41 273 0172
[linkedin]<https://au.linkedin.com/in/steven-branigan-72738125> [skype] <skype:%20stevenbranigan>  [hotmail] <mailto:%20steven_branigan@hotmail.com>