Re: Implementation status update

G'Day,

What browser do I use to test and demonstrate my Web NFC code? navigator.nfc is undefined in the current Chromium raw
Linux build  (revision 411254, 54.0.2827.0), even though the last NFC commit was on June 10. Do I have to build Chromium
myself, or apply patches?

With Web Bluetooth now available in mainline Chrome, I'm eager to see Web NFC progress, because tapping is by far the
simplest way to get an Android browser to open a URL (after first opening the default browser if necessary). By
contrast, Bluetooth requires selection of a target device, and I'm not sure it can activate a browser from a URL
message. The only alternative to Web NFC for Web navigation is QR-codes, which are messy for peer-to-peer.

Also, I'm assuming that Web NFC won't work in current iOS devices, because the NFC peripheral is reserved for Apple Pay
-- although future devices may allow it through a second NFC antenna (perhaps forced to use non-secure mode so as to not
allow use by Apple Pay alternatives).

Mark