Re: Web API Gap layout ideas

Hi Natasha,

On 27/08/2015 02:48, Natasha Rooney wrote:
> In the Web API Gap project we have been working on trying to decide on a
> layout for the document using the great data that was collected by
> Daniel, Leandro and Takeshi. In a talk I gave last week I made some
> tables to exemplify the data - you can see them in the below slide deck
> from slide 10. Dom and I were wondering if this would be a good starting
> point for building the tables in the document - what does everyone
> think? If you could let us know your thoughts that would be great!
>  https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1S3Sgb4_dBf22PEzPswQMG3QrEK0IHK1EnbAMuVq0zO4/edit#slide=id.gb91100e72_0_45

Great stuff!

Based on this, I've started re-adapting the generating system for the
Web API gap document to use the type of categorization and layout you've
used in your slides.

The resulting view can be seen at:
http://w3c-webmob.github.io/web-api-gap/document/

I've also taken a pass at fixing / updating data — having a way to
visualize it makes it much easier to pick errors or gaps.

Obviously, the text parts of the document are still stubs for the most
part; as we discussed earlier on the phone, I'm not sure yet if we need
text, and what text we need in case we do.

Also, I think it would be useful to organize the features more strictly
in-line with the categories proposed in the app foundations:
   http://www.w3.org/appfoundations/
(should we fine these categories not helpful, then I think we ought to
try and get them fixed). Unless I hear push-back, I'll probably take a
stab at this in the upcoming few days.

The particular colors and icons I picked for the tables can and should
be improved; but hopefully someone with a better eye for that than me
can take a stab at it.

Dom