Re: Mobile checker

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote on 07.07.2015 09:44:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you may have seen the recent announcement of the alpha version
> of a new mobile checker set up by W3C:
>   http://validator.w3.org/mobile-alpha/

It gives very specific recommendations, based on my code, and how I
should change it. E.g. in file ABC, you use -moz-column-width: 20em, so
please add -webkit-column-width: 20em , too.

This is great, thank you.

Also, you say "42 resources could be compressed", and you tell me
exactly how much I would save. I didn't realize that gzip compression
wasn't enabled. But that you tell me actual numbers gives me much better
incentive to fix it.

As a suggestion:
You're looking for mostly technical, craftsmanship coding errors. I was
hoping to get more suggestions on how to make my UI more "responsive",
adapting to mobile needs in screen space usage, interaction design
(missing gestures, too small mouse targets etc.). I understand that's a
lot more difficult to code, and also often very debatable, but given the
great job you did with the above, I think you're well-suited to attempt
that as well.

Thank you for this great tool!

Ben