From: Natasha Rooney [mailto:nrooney@gsma.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 8:26 PM
To: W3C Webmob Public
Subject: [W3C WebMob] Data Info API

Hi team!

I wanted to let you know that a few people from Mozilla, Google and Marcos and I have been chatting about a possible Data Info API. The API would return information about a user's network data plan - this can then be used within the app to (for example) serve content which serves up less resources or maybe display the network status to the user so they don't start watching a high-def movie on the train! We imagine there could be even more uses for this API, including using the API within web-based platforms to display details of the user's plan directly to the user.

I have spoken with some operators directly on this, and thanks to those who have given a great response on this so far! I would like all members of the group to take a look at the API rough plan (attached) and let us know what you think. If you're a telecomms company member (and especially an operator) and you'd like to be involved in building or testing this, definitely get involved soon!

Thanks everyone!

Natasha

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com> | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org<mailto:nrooney@gsm.org>
7th Floor, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.