Re: Survey of mobile APIs

Le vendredi 16 mai 2014 à 18:28 -0400, Marcos a écrit :

> Just a quick note, there should be a distinction between "access to
> camera stream" and "high quality access to camera stream". The current
> streams we have access to are great for "RTC", but we currently don't
> have access to high (full?) quality streams to build things like
> realtime viewfinders in photography apps or AR apps (not to mention
> APIs for actually controlling focus, exposure, etc. of cameras).

I think there are several "features" hidden in what you describe, all of
which have (I think) a spec that currently addresses them:
* high quality video streams are available via constraints on
getUserMedia (although this is just starting to get implemented)

* the viewfinder use cases with additional controls on the camera (incl.
autofocus, exposure, preview stream) is what Image Capture is supposed
to address http://gmandyam.github.io/image-capture/ ; I think Firefox
has an early/incomplete implementation of that spec

The latter would definitely deserve to be described as a separate
feature in the repo; pull requests welcomed :)

Dom