Testing and Web+TV (was: Re: Testing and WebMob

Tobie,

for your background: since you left the W3C team, there have been some
new developments, in particular at the recent Web+TV workshop.

At the workshop, people agreed that testing continues to be important,
and that it would be ideal to have a common solution for all HTML based
products. A number of outstanding issues were identified, in particular
that more information is needed on what is already ongoing, how it could
be made suitable for the TV industry, and how to create more test cases
for the TV industry.

The conclusion was that the Web+TV IG should revive its Testing Task
Force  to
- look at the existing tools and material
- see if they are suitable for the TV industry
- if not, work to address the missing features

Also, it was suggested to organize a "Test the Web Forward" event
focusing on TV.

So expect more questions of "newbies" in the future - based on reading
the thread, it might be a useful first step for someone (e.g. TV IG,
Testing Open Source Effort) to document "how to get involved" somewhere.

Slide 4 -Philipp