Re: [W3C Webmob] Identity Breakout

On 6/25/14, 3:31, "Marcos" <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

>As captured in the notes, I'm still concerned about the breadth of scope
>of this subject. What I would personally like to see is if we can bring
>this back to basics. I'm totally ignorant to this subject, so it's not
>entirely clear to me what problems we are trying to solve here and why.
>Like, I use Twitter, GitHub, and sometimes Facebook to log onto various
>things around the Web... and that works pretty well for me? Or maybe it
>doesn't? What am I missing?
>
>Maybe a good starting point would be some simple user stories and some
>exemplars of how those cases are currently being solved by various
>platforms.

Cool, we can do this. Išll make an issue on the repo to focus on these. I
think the main issues are:

[1] logging in to stuff is cruddy atm
[2] passwords are going to die but nobody is defining how (or loads of
people are which is just as scary!)
[3] some services need more security than just user/pw, but they solve
this just with more pws, which is not so fab.

I also am not sure in any way how this will result in something the w3c
can output. I asked this on the call and Frode mentioned that we need some
sort of web interface, and wešll need use cases to get there. Does this
maybe make more sense?

Oh and this is probably another topic where the resulting work will be
outside of us, probably with the crypto guys?! Not sure. I assume our role
will be use cases and requirements as normal!

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.