Re: [W3C Webmob] PhoneGap Plugins

On December 18, 2014 at 12:23:47 PM, Natasha Rooney (nrooney@gsma.com) wrote:
> > I read a cool post today about popular PhoneGap plugins. Are
> these things we should be working on to bring to the web? Check
> it out and let the list know your thoughts!

(Skipped the ones that were just web services)

TL;DR: Only really relevant ones I see is BlueTooth. The rest is underway or can be done on the platform already.

1. Push
Already underway.

3. Payments
Requires B2B relationships and financial standards - but requestAutoComplete() would really help.

7. Web Sockets
Already part of platform

8. SQL lite
We have indexedDB. We rejected SQL Lite teh webs.

9. Zip
Can be done with JS in a worker. There are libs out there already.

10. Analytics
Plenty of those around... Google Analytics, etc.

11/12. Bluetooth and iBeacon
Yes. Work already underway to bring Bluetooth to the web.

13. Social sharing
Already works, but kinda sucks. We could do better with sharing.