From: Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 16:16
To: W3C Webmob Public <public-web-mobile@w3.org<mailto:public-web-mobile@w3.org>>
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>>
Subject: [W3C Webmob] Permissions

Hi all!

Dave Ragget has been working on a paper detailing native's approaches to Permissions and highlighting some requirements (or discussion points) for a permissions model on the web. Dave has put together a comprehensive list of native platforms, together with their APIs which trigger permissions alongside the user flows for permissions management. Please see the document below:

http://www.w3.org/2014/05/wp-trust-permissions/

Can you take a look and let Dave know if you have any comments or suggestions? If you develop applications for a native platform (or have done in the past) your knowledge on how these platforms work with permissions would be greatly appreciated here!
Lisa - maybe you can help with the Cordova stuff?

Please also note that although this document is publicly available on the web it might not be best for you to tweet it or blog about it yet - it's still in development! Thanks everyone!

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com> | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org<mailto:nrooney@gsm.org>
7th Floor, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.