Re: Mobile, Web and Multi-device

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Friday, 20 September 2013 at 22:22, tomomi.imura@nokia.com (mailto:tomomi.imura@nokia.com) wrote:
> > And hybrid app. Users actually can't even tell it the app is mostly or
> > partially running on WebView or not.
>
> I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but users and developers *can* and *do* feel the difference between native and using HTML5 technologies (even in packaged apps). Where they are sometimes not feeling it is when they make use of vendor (read Webkit) specific extensions, as is done with Sencha-built apps.

That depends. I'm sorry to bring up the iOS iTunes and App Store apps for the second time today _on the same mailing list_, but no end user is aware these are in fact Web views. Furthermore, given the app features, there is no clear indication that they're relying on proprietary extensions.

I agree with all of your other points, though.

--tobie