Re: Taxonomy of mobile apps approaches

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:16:00 +0200
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
Cc: "public-web-mobile@w3.org" <public-web-mobile@w3.org>
Le mercredi 25 septembre 2013 à 09:42 +0200, Tobie Langel a écrit :
> What would be fascinating would be to plot existing apps in there. I'm
> sure not many know that Apple is using full screen embedded Web views
> in its native iOS App Store and iTunes apps, for example.

That would be neat, indeed! I don't know that we can easily plot many
apps that way (can't think of a programmatic way to determine if a given
app is hybrid or not), but maybe we could establish a list of
"emblematic" apps and map them on the diagram?

Of course, defining an app as emblematic is probably tricky and will be
biased, but I can imagine we would want the iOS App store and iTunes as
you mention, but also Google Maps appearing both as Web app and hybrid,
the FT Web App and Forecast.io for pure in-browser apps, etc.

Dom