Re: Mobile, Web and Security

Le vendredi 18 octobre 2013 à 10:55 +0200, Tobie Langel a écrit :
> Err… First of all, I don't think you've ever heard either of our
> companies asking for (or implementing) any kind of mechanism to hide
> src code.

I certainly didn't mean to imply anything like this; I'm just pointing
out that many companies make the business choice of not exposing their
sources (for whatever reasons), and that such a choice is not really
available to e.g. pure client-side Web apps.

> Frankly, although the lack of code protection capabilities of the
> platform might actually be an deterrent for a small subset of players
> with clueless management, solving that problem would be very complex,
> highly controversial (that's EME for ALL WEB CONTENT) and would only
> cater for the needs of a very small minority. We'd be truly misguided
> if we considered this as a priority.

I'm not interested in building code protection for client-side apps
either; but I think we need to approach the problem (and its likely
mostly education-based solutions) with a bit more care than qualifying
those that have it of clueless :)

Dom