Re: [webintents] Should DAP revisit WebIntents?

On 25 Jun 2014, at 13:30, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 24/06/2014 18:19 , Marcos wrote:
>>> two implementations, then move it to a Working Group?
>>
>> Yeah, I think that's what we will do. Anne wants to take this on,
>> which probably means we will do it in the WHATWG.
>
> We've got an active draft, why not start patching that?

I feel the Web Wishes draft captures use cases in good detail (and with the most exciting illustrations!), and one can get a feel of the proposed API through the examples too, even if the normative content is missing. It also considers how to integrate with other parts of the platform, which is great.

In my opinion, this would make a great starting point to try reignite this work as soon as we’ve documented the problems with implementability and UI so that we do not end up repeating the past.

I appreciate the hard work of all involved, and +1 to start with Web Wishes proposal.

I wish we can move forward with this soon.

Thanks,

-Anssi

[Btw. We have 220 subscribers on the public-web-intents mailing list, including folks who were around during the earlier iterations. I think we should try harness the wisdom of this group of people, and reflect the learnings into the new work. From this perspective, reusing the TF sounds reasonable.]