Re: Status of web intents in Chrome

Thanks for the question. I've heard from several people wondering the same
thing. :-)

Our status in Chrome-land is we're waiting for inspiration to strike with
respect to the UI issues I talked about at TPAC. It is true that James and
I are also busy with other work, but the obstacle isn't that so much as
being unsatisfied with the experimental implementation we did. We've been
waiting to put more work into the spec or implementation until we get some
of those issues ironed out. I hope that what Mounir learns from the Firefox
OS deployment will also be really important to include as we think more
about what we want it to look like. So the upshot is that we're currently
in a holding pattern, and the experimental implementation is disabled by
default in the shipping browser.