Re: Content of URL picked by Intent

Agree. The consistency within W3C should be considered rather than that
with android intents.

By the way, INPUT has a "multiple" attribute to specify whether multiple
upload is allowed or not. I'd like to see similar mechanism in
WebIntents to tell multiple transfer is allowed or not before the actual
data is selected. Greg and Paul's idea meet my requirements.

Thanks,
Kikkawa

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:30:21 +0900
Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:

> On 9/20/12 7:22 AM, "Norifumi Kikkawa" <Norifumi.Kikkawa@jp.sony.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi, thank you for your comments, Greg and Paul.
> >I like Paul's idea. Consistency with android intent must help developers.
>
> I strongly disagree that consistency with Android intents should be taken
> into consideration when designing an API for the Web platform. Especially
> if this makes the API inconsistent with the rest of said platform.
>
> As previously mentioned in this thread, INPUT[type=file]'s `files`
> property always points to a FileList[1], whether or not the multiple
> attribute is set. Similarly, the `files` property of the dataTransfer
> interface of Drag and Drop[2] also points to a FileList regardless of how
> many files have been added to it.
>
> I don't see any benefit in diverging from this well-know and consistent
> behavior.
>
> --tobie
>
> ---
> [1]:
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/states-of-the-type-attribute.html#file-upload-
> state-(type=file)
> [2]: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/dnd.html#the-datatransfer-interface

 Norifumi Kikkawa <Norifumi.Kikkawa@jp.sony.com>
  Section 1
  Network Technology Dept.
  Information Technology Development Division
  System & Software Technology Platfotm
  Sony Corporation
 (TEL) +81 50 3750 3953