I agree that an intent should be able to convey more than one content.
I'd like to "pick" several pics at a time for example.

I think for the pick case, there are following requiremts.

#1. How to say "I can provide more than one pics" in registration.
#2. How to say "more than one pics are also ok" in startActivity.
#3. How to convey more than one pics in IntentSuccessCallback.

For #1 and #2, at first we need to clarify managing multiple content
is mandatory or not. I feel it's optional. If true #1 and #2 should be
resoleved.
I hope the type attribute of an intent object should say such capability
but I don't find good one. Adding "multiple:true" like attribute into
the intent object rather than the data in intent object is one option.

For #3, another syntax for data would be considerable that the data may
hold sequence of MimeTypeIntentData, each of which tells a single content.
This syntax can allow a single intent to manage both blob and url
content at a time. Content-Type like attribute for each data seems
helpful as you state.

Thanks,
Kikkawa