Re: current draft, beginning of section 4

On 30/5/12 17:21 , Greg Billock wrote:
> That's a good question, but I don't know if we need to restrict
> behavior there. Here's two scenarios where user interaction is
> required, but have different implications:
>
> 1. The UA collects service registrations silently, but no intent is
> dispatched to them until the user selects one after invocation.
JCD: This sounds like "lazy" authorization. Yes, this is meaningful.
But there is a danger of a (sort of) DOS attack by flooding the UA with
registrations, then the user gets an unmanageable choice menu.

> 2. The UA prompts for user acceptance of the registration when the
> service page is visited.
JCD: Here authorization happens even later, but it is not different from
the user point of view.
Why not...

> How about this language:
>
> "The User Agent MUST NOT deliver an intent to a service discovered in
> this way before the user has made a specific action allowing it."
>
> Would that cover both these possible implementations (and others as
> well), and also express the reliance on user action that we want to
> make necessary?
JCD: I believe this addresses my concern. Thanks.
Best regards
JC