Re: Nay vote, no Draft.

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Greg Billock <gbillock@google.com> wrote:
> This is not missing from the spec. See
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/web-intents/raw-file/tip/spec/Overview.html#delivery-and-response-api
>
> This behavior is currently implemented in the code checked into Chromium.
>
> I'm a bit surprised that even a cursory reading of the spec didn't
> make this more obvious. Is the "Delivery and Response API" header not
> signaling sufficiently that that part of the spec is about "the
> service being passed the intent data by the UA, and the service
> returning data to the UA" ? If there's a clearer way to say that, I'm
> open to suggestions.

I think the confusion may come from the interaction between the two
in-browser apps that interact, and the hosted (on some server)
backends that may or may not be connected to each one. To me, "A web
page which can handle an Intent is a Service" is a novel way of using
the word 'service'. I think 'handler' or 'registered web app' or 'web
app that handles the intent' may be clearer. But i don't speak for the
OP.