Re: A question about the <intent> tag

Hi,

On Jun 29, 2012, at 02:17 , cheng zheng wrote:
> I am working on developing an UA on Android now, I mean, out of the Chrome world. The problem is it seems now most working demos are implemented as a Chrome extension which is registered by its manifest file.
>
> I tried the apps on http://demos.webintents.org/, but unfortunately the ones I need now seem to have bugs out of Chrome.

Yes, most of the demos in existence today rely on Chrome extensions. That is because Chrome does not currently support registration through <intent> (unless that has changed recently) and the shim script tends to be a little buggy (which shouldn't be surprising considering what it's doing).

> My question is how I can find the registration data (which should appears in the <intent> tag) of the web intents extensions in the Chrome Web Store?

If you get one of those extensions, you can look at the "intents" attribute in the manifest file. That ought to give you all the information you need to perform a conversion.

May I ask which browser you are looking into this for?