Re: Two questions about the Web Intents.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Gaowenmei <gaowenmei@huawei.com> wrote:

>  Thank you, James.****
>
> ** **
>
> “However it's important to keep in mind that the <intent> tag causes a
> web page to be registered as an intent service once the user visits the
> page, so in essence the user does have a way to "manually add" a service.
>  It stretches the definition of 'manually' though, as <intent> tag
> registration is designed tob”****
>
> ** **
>
> --Does it have the same meaning as the first paragraph of section 4 in web
> intents spec?****
>
> ** **
>
> “When the User Agent loads a page with registration markup, it *should* allow
> the user to configure that page as a web intents service. The details of
> this process is left up to the User Agent. The model is that the page
> advises of the ability to handle intents, and the User Agent may remember
> that. The User Agent *must not* deliver an intent to a Service discovered
> in this way before the user has made a specific action allowing it.”****
>
> **

Yes, "registration markup" in this text means the <intent> tag (if I
understand your question correctly).  Perhaps we should make this
association more explicit.  I'm not a fan of the last sentence, however.
 I'll start a separate thread about that.

Thanks,
James