From: Mounir Lamouri [mailto:mounir@lamouri.fr]
Sent: den 4 juni 2012 17:49
To: public-web-intents@w3.org
Subject: Re: Web Intents based APIs

On 06/01/2012 06:00 PM, Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:
> It seems that this is an area where still a lot have to be done.  I have
> only seen one tangible proposal for a Web Intents based API submitted to
> W3C, that is the Gallery API,
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/16185b62381d/gallery/index.html.
> Robin has also posted thoughts on a Web Intents based Contacts API,
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents/ContactsAPI.

IMO, you can't really say you are implementing the Contacts API with Web
Intents. Web Intents should be used to access contacts (like 'pick a
person' action) but the applications able to handle the action should be
implemented using the real Contacts API which can't use Web Intents per-se.
For that specific case (and a lot of other low-level APIs), we should
have a system layer (like the one my in DAP [1]) that would be a real
API and an application layer that could use Web Intents. That way,
applications that want to have basic interactions with the device
contact list can do that without requesting too many permissions.

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/contacts/Overview.html

Cheers,
--
Mounir