Re: Mapping WebIntents to Network Service Discovery API

HI, I'm new in this ML. Also, l apologize if there was similar proposal.

Doing collaboration between Network Service Discovery API and Web Intents
API,
I guess one solution is making use of 'suggested applications' in current
picker UI (http://webintents.org/picker.html).

If Web Intents API has a feature of appending arbitrary services in that
area,
a developer'll be able to display such HN services obtained via Discovery
API.

For example (one proposal), extending spec(invocation feature) to handle
"suggested applications" is shown below.

void startActivity(in Intent intent, in optional onSuccess, in optional
onFailure, in optional suggestedApps);

where "suggestedApps" means list of application.

  suggestedApps = [ { "title": <arbitrary text>, "url": <web apps url> },
... ]

My senario is that

1. Web site discovers HN services (such as printer) via Discover API
2. Obtain informations (title and url) with XHR or so.
3. Passed above information into "suggestedApps"

And picker UI shows intent list in "suggested application" area, people can
use those HN services.

Additionally to say, above feature'll be useful not only HN senario but
also others.
For example, web apps can recommend specific intent based on the people's
behavior ( it means personalized recommendation ).

I guess such extensibility is useful for developing.

---
Kensaku Komatsu
NTT Communications