Re: A combination of multiple service pages to complete one data

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Fanshunan <fanshunan@huawei.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,****
>
> ** **
>
> I saw a mention for user to select any number of applications to complete
> one Web Intents task in latest Web Intents draft.****
>
> ** **
>
> In some cases, the user will expect to edit one image by using multiple
> photo editing service pages one by one. For example, some service pages to
> adjust the brightness and contrast, some to add animation, and some to add
> 3D effect. The user invokes the edit action and selects 3 service pages
> together. The data will be returned to intent client after having been
> edited.****
>
> **

This scenario works fine as is; the edits are serial:

1) User opens photo in client.
2) User edits photo in service A.
2a) Edited photo is returned to client.
3) go to 2 and select any other service.

> **
>
> Another example is to edit an audio by using multiple service pages to
> complete one music, such as drum apps, multiple track recording apps, and
> music creating apps. ****
>
> ** **
>
> In such scenarios, it is easier for user to invoke one intent action but
> to combine multiple services to complete one data as an output to Web
> intent client.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Does this make sense or have been discussed before?****
>
> **

The use case you're thinking about has been discussed before, though not in
the manner you're thinking about.  You specifically reference editing data,
which does not work well with parallel services (as each service is only
editing the original copy; how do you combine the results into one output?)
 There are compelling use cases to allow the user to select multiple
services for one action, such as sharing to a number of social networks.

I don't think the current draft of the spec prevents this use case, i.e.,
it's up to the UA to handle it.

Thanks,
James