Re: CFC: Getting rid of 'extras'

I absolutely agree that we should push extras down into a structured
payload object. I have one concern with the proposal. The type in your
examples are the MIME-type of the value embedded in the structured payload,
rather than a type describing the structured payload  itself. Don't we want
to document the literal type of the structured payload object?

Some alternatives:

*MIME-type in payload:*

  type: fancy.org/types/mimedata
  date: {  // mimedata instance
    mimetype: image/png,
    blob: blob image contents,
    url: url of image contents,
    filename: representative filename,
  }

*MIME-type as parameter to structured payload type:*

One problem with including the MIME-type in the payload is that a service
is presumed to be registered against a single type value AND we provide
special handling of MIME-types (wildcards). We can address this issue with
type parameters (similar to those supported by the MIME standard itself).
Basically embed the MIME-type in the type field as a parameter to the real
type.

  type: fancy.org/types/mimedata[image/png]
  data: {  // mimedata instance
    blob: blob image contents,
    url: url of image contents,
    filename: representative filename,
  }

With the MIME-type embedded in the type field service registrations could
still be made using a single type value.

Any way we slice this up, I think we want to keep the mapping between type
and value direct and literal.
Less black magic == easier to document, use, and understand == happier
developers and healthier ecosystem.

Steve