Re: first public working draft in April?

On 11/04/12 20:50, James Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10/04/12 19:31, James Hawkins wrote:
>>> We have a few more API change proposals we'd like to send through, but I
>>> think we'd be ready by end of April.  What are the steps we need to take
>>> make that happen?
>>
>> Essentially, we just need to get it ready for publication, and I can
>> help with that, and we need the formal approval of both DAP and WebApps
>> WGs. We can do that via email with a deadline for objections.
>>

> OK.  How should we start this work?

I would start by asking on this list if there are any objections to
publishing the current editors draft as a First Public Working Draft
(FPWD). If there are, you will need to see what changes Task Force
participants are expecting to see in the FPWD and to achieve a
consensus, i.e. that TF participants are willing to live with the draft.
That may include noting unresolved issues in the status of this document
section.

We then need to get formal resolutions to publish from the DAP and
WebApps WG. That could be done via email from the respective Chairs with
a deadline for people to raise objections.

>> p.s. if WebApps hasn't formally rechartered by then, we would need the
>> editor's to make the appropriate patent policy commitments (since Google
>> isn't yet part of DAP).
>>

> This shouldn't be a problem.  Let us know what we need to do, and we'll do
> it.
>
> James

 Will do.