Re: UPnP service implementing an intent

We don't have any addresses in the discovery process, the
webintent.org/share urls are a simple string that is used to allow the
UA to know the task the user want't to achieve.  It could be just a
plain string "read-temperature"

Our current documents describe the process of registration that can be
detected by the UA, via the parsing of the intent tag, but we haven't
said that they only way that a UA can know about a service is via only
the intent tag.

As Greg said earlier, we will be able to list the intents a service
supports via the chrome extension/app mechanism - this is not done via
the intent tag detection and is still conformant with the spec we had
defined.

--
Paul Kinlan
Developer Advocate @ Google for Chrome and HTML5