Re: UPnP service implementing an intent

Thanks for that sentence, now I think I got it:
Web Intents does not provide a discovery mechanism. Web Intents provides
a registry and broker mechanism.
So if another technology provides a discovery mechanism (e.g. the UPnP
service broadcast announcement, SSDP) and some entity implements the
adaptation from SSDP to intent registration, the Web Intents can be used
as the interface from web apps to services discovered with the other
technology.

All my confusion (shared by others I believe) came from trying to
understand how Web Intents provided discovery, which was hopeless :)

We just need to make sure, by implementing it, that it is possible for
some entity to implement the adaptation from SSDP to intent registration.

Best regards
JC

--
JC Dufourd
Directeur d'Etudes/Professor
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group
Traitement du Signal et Images/Signal and Image Processing
Telecom ParisTech, 37-39 rue Dareau, 75014 Paris, France
Tel: +33145817733 - Mob: +33677843843 - Fax: +33145817144