Re: intents broker == user agent ?

Not all interactions with the intents system must be registered using the
<intent> tag.  For example in Chrome, an extension may register itself as
an intent service by adding the appropriate properties to its manifest.
 Perhaps I don't understand your use case though.  Can you provide a
concrete example?

James