Re: Bjartur's Actual Criticism (finally)

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius
<svartman95@gmail.com> wrote:
> As users surf the Web they collect resources and service offers
> (implementations of actions).

There's a lot to recommend this register-silently-then-select-upon-use
model. That's partly why we want to have a declarative registration
model, so that user agents can choose to behave this way. There are
some
complications. For instance, silent registration and then
automatically following an intent with no user in the loop would allow
for a new cross-site tracking mechanism, which is not acceptable. The
user agent needs to be careful about such issues, but I think the
problems are soluble.